Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast.
You can have Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast
- It’s of For the turkey:.
- Prepare 1 of (7-8 lb) turkey breast.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 3/4 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder (1/2 for more heat).
- You need 3 tbs of warm water.
- Prepare 1 tbs of honey.
- You need 1/3 cup of oil (vegetable or light olive is best).
- Prepare of Other supplies.
- It’s 1 bag of charcoal (if smoker/grill is charcoal).
- You need 1 bag of hickory, mesquite or apple wood chips.
- It’s of Injector syringe with needle.
- It’s of Smoker or large grill.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of Smoker box (for gas grills).
- Prepare of Grill thermometer.
- Prepare of Meat thermometer.
Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast instructions
- Remove turkey breast from package, rinse and then pat dry with clean paper towels. Place on a large platter or foil lined cookie sheet, meat side up..
- In a mediun bowl mix together all the dry seasoning. Add the water and honey. Stir with fork to combine until honey is fully melted in. Slowly add oil while continuing to stir constantly..
- When everything is well incorporated set 1 tbs of mixture aside. Draw remaining mixture up into injector syringe and inject into turkey breast in several places all over until all of the mixture is used up. Rub reserved mixture all over skin..
- Soak wood chips in water for about 15 minutes while you prepare your smoker according to its user manual, or set up a grill for indirect heat if you do not have a smoker. Note: indirect heat means building your fire on one side of the kettle and placing meat over the empty space (usually filled with a "drip pan") on the other side to cook slowly..
- When the smoker reaches 300°F, place wood chips directly on coals (or into smoker box placed on flame for gas grills). Place turkey breast on grate and cover tightly with lid. Cook for 2 – 3 hrs, checking every 20 – 30 minutes, replacing coals and chips as needed. Turkey is done when internal temp reaches at least 165°f..
- When turkey breast is done remove from smoker, tent loosely with foil and let rest 20-30 minutes before carving..
- Note: If the turkey breast begins looking too brown but is not fully cooked you can either tent with foil while still on the smoker or transfer to a 300°F oven (again, tent with foil) to finish cooking..
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health One good feature of adopting a green lifestyle is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. In spite of the fast pace of our modern world, you can achieve this. We should get back to where it was a better idea to avoid disease in the first place. A lot of people have the attitude of ruining the body today, and heal it with a pill tomorrow. It’s impossible to turn around without seeing advertisements about the current pill to cure you of your health problems. In reality, several of these pills are able to help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. When your body stops working properly, you won’t be able to get yourself a new one. You must look after your health while you have the ability to do so. Proper nutrition is essential for your body to work at top levels. Do you eat because something is available and you savor the taste or do you opt for nutritional foods? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food restaurant or purchase junk food at the local convenience store? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that almost all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and a lot others, probably caused by the foods that are consumed. Individuals are becoming more and more conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Good nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food shops. Most probably, your local grocery store today has an organic food area. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can slow down or reverse certain serious illnesses. By ingesting these foods, your body will be uplifted to new heights in mental awareness, and perceptions. When you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an astonishing increase in how much better you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will allow it to work optimally. When this happens, it will help your immune system to ward off disease more efficiently. You should include a number of superfoods in your diet daily. Foods such as beans and berries are great to start. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Don’t forget whole grains and nuts. In addition, you may wish to include salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By consuming these superfoods regularly, you should eliminate any weight problems. Green living equips you with a solid eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can potentially become disease free. Prepare for an awesome future by making positive changes to your eating habits today.