Mike's Moist Red Velvet Truffles.
You can cook Mike's Moist Red Velvet Truffles using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Moist Red Velvet Truffles
- It’s of Red Velvet Truffle Batter.
- It’s 1 box of Betty Crocker Red Velvet Cake Mix ®.
- Prepare 1 can of 16 oz Betty Crocker Cream Cheese Frosting ® [room temp].
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need of Truffle Candy Coatings.
- It’s 1 packages of Dark Chocolate Chips.
- It’s 1 packages of White Chocolate Chips.
- It’s 1 packages of Colorful Candy Sprinkles.
- Prepare of Kitchen Equipment.
- It’s 1 of Pair Latex Gloves [more if you have helpers].
- It’s 2 of Sticks [used to dip truffles in chocolate].
- You need 1 of Parchment Paper [or equivalent].
- It’s 1 of Small Colorful Cupcake Paper Cups [optional-for serving].
- It’s 1 cup of Powdered Sugar.
Mike's Moist Red Velvet Truffles instructions
- Bake cake as per manufacturer's directions in a 9" x 13" pan. Allow to cool slightly..
- Wearing gloves, [otherwise you will have red stained hands for quite some time!] break up cake and mix in your cream cheese frosting. ° Roll batter into small balls. About 1 tablespoon sized. But, the sizes are entirely up to you. ° You can also make one large party truffle ball if you'd like and serve it with cookies [of your choosing] on the side for dipping. ° Use powdered sugar on your hands if your batter starts sticking..
- Place truffles in fridge and allow them to set up for 1 hour or until fully chilled..
- In seperate bowls, melt your chocolates in the microwave – just to the point of a gentle melt. Don't overheat or burn..
- Pierce your truffles one by one with your sticks [or a fork will work] and dip into your melted chocolates. Then, dip them into your colorful candy sprinkles. ° Or, using a spoon – dip it into your melted chocolates drizzle over your truffles. Drizzle both white and dark for a festive look if you're out of sprinkles. ° Gently release your truffles from your sticks and place on parchment paper or equivalent..
- Refrigerate truffles until the chocolate coating has set up and firmed. This recipe usually yields about 40 truffles..
- Consider placing your chilled truffles in decorative paper cups if you'd like! Enjoy!.