Easy Hash Browns Recipe. I cooked them longer than the recipe calls for because i like my hash browns crunchy. He explained his approach to me one DAD: Your hash browns are mushy. MOM: I made this family hash browns for forty years and you An easy way do this with a potato ricer (or an orange or lemon press), using it much like you would a.
Let this easy recipe show you the way to brunch perfection. Hash browns are one of those brilliant recipes that taste amazing, look impressive and take very little effort. A welcome addition to any breakfast or lunch. You can have Easy Hash Browns Recipe using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Hash Browns Recipe
- Prepare 3 of medium russet potatoes, grated.
- You need 1 of medium sized egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour + extra for forming them.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion.
- It’s to taste of Favourite pepper,.
- It’s 1 of small clove of garlic.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter, softened.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated white cheddar cheese, optional.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper,.
- Prepare to taste of Salt,.
If you're used to serving your eggs with a side of hash browns, hold up. These are way too good to be limited to a boring side dish (that you drown in ketchup, anyway). Break out of your breakfast rut and try one of these brand new ways to use hash browns. Come on, you're better than a patty.
Easy Hash Browns Recipe step by step
- Wash the grated potatoes until the water is clear and squeeze the potatoes completely dry..
- Chop the onions and mince the garlic and peppers. Grate the cheese as well..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the butter..
- With a wooden spoon, mix everything thoroughly..
- Heavily flour a flat surface and your hands and measure alittle above 1/4 cup of the mixture and shape it like a burger patty. Repeat for the remaining mixture..
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add in 2 tbsp of butter, after the butter melts, with a spatula fry three at a time, for about 6 minutes, flipping half way through. Repeat the process for the rest..
- After frying all six, lightly grease a baking tray and place the hash browns on the tray. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit on the top rack for 8 minutes or until the hash browns are cooked through..
- Take out of the oven and pat dry on paper towels or kitchen tissues and let cool for about 2 – 3 minutes until they are easier to handle. Serve hot or warm. Enjoy!.
A very easy and tasty hash brown recipe. You can also add some bacon, onions, herbs, etc. to it. On medium-high heat, pour the potatoes on the pan and try to make it flat and round. Turn it over when golden brown and it's done when both sides are golden and crispy. The secret to perfect, crispy hash browns is that the potatoes are dry before cooking, and are cooked in plenty of butter. "I was looking for an easy way to make hash browns because I love eating them, but I've never had them homemade.