Pigs in a Blanket. Get Your Pig In Blanket Today! Lightly grease a large baking tray. Wrap each cheerio in a square of dough.
Serve alongside your roast turkey or goose on the Christmas table or even cold the next day on your Boxing Day buffet. Place hot dogs at wide ends of triangles and roll up. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. You can cook Pigs in a Blanket using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pigs in a Blanket
- It’s of Pillsbury Pizza Crust Roll.
- It’s of Eckrich Smok-y Breakfast Sausages.
- It’s of cooking spray.
- Prepare of optional: American Cheese slices.
Pigs in a blanket are a classic party food made by wrapping mini hot dogs in dough and baking them until golden brown and delicious. For the pastry, you can use crescent rolls, biscuits, pizza dough, soft pretzel dough, or even pie crust, but I recommend puff pastry because I think it's the easiest option. Set a timer in the kitchen or on your phone so that you don't forget to take them out of the oven. When the crescent rolls are golden brown on top, they're done baking.
Pigs in a Blanket step by step
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out pizza dough and cut into 12 squares..
- Roll breakfast sausage in each square starting at one corner. I put a quarter of a square of american cheese in each..
- If you have extra squares, fill with cheese and roll up..
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray..
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes until golden brown. Serve with ketchup or mustard for dipping..
Make a Pigs in a Blanket Wreath! This method looks fancy but is actually super easy. Simply arrange your pigs in whatever shape you'd like to serve them in and let the oven do the rest. Cut each strip of bacon in half across, then wrap each piece around a chipolata, securing with cocktail sticks. Pigs in a Blanket are fun, easy, and oh so delicious!