Aaloo stuffed garlic kulcha. Amritsari Kulcha is crisp as well as soft leavened bread which is stuffed with boiled and mashed potatoes and spices. A typical Punjabi cuisine Indian flat bread recipe prepared with all purpose flour / maida with potato stuffing. Aloo kulcha recipe with step by step pics – aloo kulcha are crisp as well as soft leavened flatbreads stuffed with a spiced potato stuffing.
Aloo Kulcha or Amritsari Aloo Kulcha is a traditional and very popular Punjabi stuffed flatbread recipe. This flatbread is made using all-purpose flour aka maida and stuffed with spicy and tangy mashed potato filling. This gratifying Indian bread is served as a snack..paneer kulcha You can cook Aaloo stuffed garlic kulcha using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Aaloo stuffed garlic kulcha
- You need of For dough :.
- It’s of maida.
- It’s of yeast.
- You need of Sugar.
- It’s of milk.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of oil and milk for kneading.
- It’s of garlic pods.
- It’s of butter (optional)salt.
- You need of filling :.
- Prepare of small boiled, peeled & mashed potato.
- It’s of Mustard seeds.
- You need of green chillies.
- Prepare of Curry patta.
- Prepare of chopped onions.
- It’s of Coriander leaves for garnishing.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of turmeric powder.
- It’s of Chaat masala or Jaljeera powder.
stuffed kulcha recipe with step by step photo and video recipe. there are many variants with the kulcha naan bread masala kulcha recipe. it includes recipes like, garlic naan, tandoori roti, rumali roti, butter naan, rice roti, jowar roti, chole bhature. Amritsari Stuffed Kulcha recipe is very famous in North India. But the Best Kulchas are made in Amritsar. Amritsari Kulcha is crisp as well as soft leavened bread which is stuffed with boiled and mashed potatoes and spices.
Aaloo stuffed garlic kulcha step by step
- Take a small bowl. Add yeast, sugar, tbsp milk in it. Now cover it and keep it aside for 10 mins for the yeast to get activated. After 10 mins, take a large vessel, add maida, salt and yeast mixture into it. Now Knead it into a soft dough by adding warm milk instead of water. Knead it for about 12 mins. Now add 2 tsp oil and again. Knead it for about 5 mins. Brush some oil over the dough and cover it with a wet cloth and keep it in a warm place for nearly 1 and half hour..
- Now for filling, you can add any aloo filling of your choice. But for my filling, heat a pan. Add 2 tsp oil in it, add sum mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilli and chopped onion into it and fry fr some time. Now add the boiled, mashed potatoes and give it a mix and cook it for abt 5 mins. Add half tsp chaat masala/ jaljeera powder, add sum coriander leaves and give it a mix. Keep it aside..
- Now after 1 and a half hours, you will notice that the dough has doubled up in size. Now Knead it again for 2 to 3 mins. Make 2 small balls out of it. Add the filling and roll it slightly thick like parathas. Now put some crushed/shredded garlic and coriander leaves over it and roll it gently once again so that the garlic gets stick to the kulchas..
- Now take a nonstick pan and roast it normally by gently flipping it, without adding any oil, ghee or butter. Remove it from the pan and now brush sum ghee/butter over it and serve it hot with any thick gravy of your choice..
Aloo Kulcha is leavened Indian Flatbread stuffed with spicy potato filling. To make aloo kulcha, you first need to make the dough. Now here's the thing – few days back I tried this same recipe and stuffed the kulcha with paneer in stead of potato and it didn't taste great. Aloo kulcha is an Indian flat bread made with all purpose flour, stuffed with spiced potato mix. Full video step by step detailed post.