Lemon-N-Garlic Slow Roasted Chicken & Vegetables.
You can have Lemon-N-Garlic Slow Roasted Chicken & Vegetables using 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon-N-Garlic Slow Roasted Chicken & Vegetables
- You need 10 – 12 of chicken thighs , bone -in skin -on.
- Prepare 2 of garlic bulbs.
- It’s 2 of lemons , cubed (with peel).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of cumin ground.
- Prepare 1 Bunch of parsley fresh , finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of thyme dried.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of basil dried.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of oregano dried.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- You need 1 of carrot , cubed.
- Prepare 2 of potatoes , cubed.
- You need 1 of white onion , large dice.
- It’s 12 – 14 of white mushrooms (large), halved.
- Prepare 4 of zuchini , cubed.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of mixed dried herbs.
Lemon-N-Garlic Slow Roasted Chicken & Vegetables instructions
- Clean the chicken thighs as best as you can, leaving the skin on..
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a small bowl (heat it if required) and rub it all over the chicken. let the chicken marinate for about 2 hours (or overnight if possible)..
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees C..
- In a baking tray, mix the cubed vegetables, lemon pieces and garlic cloves (leave the skin on the garlic cloves, just remove the thin papery bits)..
- Add enough salt n pepper to season, and toss in whatever herbs you want to use (i usually go with rosemary and thyme). drizzle with olive oil and mix everything well..
- Spread the seasoned veggies evenly in the tray. place the marinated chicken pieces skin side up on top of the vegetables..
- Add a dash of water into the tray (this is to help steam formation) and cover it tightly with aluminum foil (make sure the edges are well sealed, we do not want the steam formed to escape)..
- Place the tray in the oven and cook at 160 degrees for 2 hours..
- After 2 hours, remove the tray from the oven and set the oven temperature to 200 degrees C..
- Remove the aluminum foil cover (be SUPER careful with this, because steam will escape when you remove the foil) and discard..
- Place the tray back into the oven and let it bake uncovered for 30 minutes. at the end of this time, the chicken will be moist and tender, and the chicken skin will have become crisp and golden brown..
- Let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes before serving. since the dish contains potatoes you don't really need bread or any other accompaniment, except maybe for a salad. one-pot-wonder folks!!.
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One terrific thing about adopting a green lifestyle is choosing to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. Despite the fast pace of our modern world, you can do this. We have to take a step back and fix diseases before they develop. Alas, majority of people don’t concern themselves about their health as they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. No matter where you look, you find out about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you continue the same old unhealthy habits. Unlike purchasing a new car, you can’t exchange your burnt-out body for a new one. You should learn how to take care of it as early as possible. Your body needs the right nutrients to operate at its best levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are eating is healthy for you? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or fatty fried foods from the local fast food joints? Because a lot of folks decide to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. The food products we are eating are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of pandemic proportions. Men and women are becoming increasingly conscious about their health, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Now it is a lot easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. In all probability, your local grocery store nowadays has an organic food section. In this aisle, you’ll find superfoods. The term superfoods refers to 14 foods that have been found to delay or reverse some illnesses. By ingesting these foods, your body will become healthier. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will note an amazing increase in how healthy you feel. Your body will begin to work as it is supposed to when you provide it with the right nutrition. When this happens, the immune system is better able to fight off any disease. You have to have some superfoods in your diet everyday. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Leafy veggies, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Add in whole cereals and nuts. See to it that you consume proteins such as soya beans, yogurt, salmon, and turkey, as well as orange fruits and vegetables like oranges, pumpkins, and tomatoes. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have to worry about your weight again. You will enjoy optimal health as you opt to eat the green living way. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. Prepare for an awesome future by making positive changes to your eating habits right now.