GF Butter Boozy Fruit Cake. Great recipe for GF Butter Boozy Fruit Cake..not a nasty gross fruit cake with terrible dried candied stuff that never should have been created in the first place. Okay now that I've gotten that out of my system, here is what we like in a fruit cake. Our inspiration is the same ingredients the.
Bake these boozy little cakes for afternoon tea, or as a sweet canapé for a party. Coconut rum and pineapple jam evoke the flavour of the classic cocktail. Butter cake is the first cake I learned when I started baking. You can have GF Butter Boozy Fruit Cake using 23 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of GF Butter Boozy Fruit Cake
- You need of Fruity booze mix.
- Prepare of candied ginger chopped in 1/4 inch chunks.
- It’s of dried apricots halved.
- You need of dried blueberries.
- Prepare of dried cherries halved.
- You need of dried dates chopped into quarters.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- It’s of apricot nectar.
- Prepare of Gran Gala Triple Orange Liqueur.
- Prepare of Kraken Black Spiced Rum.
- Prepare of Nut mix.
- Prepare of unsalted cashews.
- Prepare of unsalted pecans halves.
- You need of Cake mix.
- Prepare of GF flour mix.
- You need of Xanthan gum.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- You need of Lebkuchengewurz spice blend… German gingerbread spice.
- It’s of Zest and juice of one orange and one lemon.
- You need of baking powder.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of white sugar.
- You need of large eggs.
I should say it's the easiest cake to make but just need a lot of. They also contain significant amounts of rum and red wine, making them perfect for Christmas. They are dense and really rich, so serve them in really thin slices. Classic fruit cake made with soaked unsweetened dried fruit.
GF Butter Boozy Fruit Cake instructions
- Combine all the fruit mix ingredients the night before..
- Extra credit cooks bonus! Grab two rocks glasses add an ice cube to each then pour the remaining apricot nectar into the glasses. In one glass add a shot of spiced rum and in the other add a shot of gran gala. Enjoy!.
- Pre heat oven to 325..
- Pull the fruit mix out of the refrigerator. Zest and juice the orange and the lemon. Add both juices to the fruit mix. Set zest aside..
- Toast the nuts in a skillet. Let cool, rough chop and side aside for later..
- Whisk all dry cake ingredients together including the citrus zest. If you do not have the Lebkuchengewurz spice blend on hand, your favorite holiday spice blend will also work..
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Then add the eggs one at a time..
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and combine thoroughly..
- Mix the nuts into the fruit mix..
- Grease 2 loaf pans..
- Stir the fruit nut mixture into the batter. Do this by hand and use a spatula with some strength. The batter is dense and will give your arm a good workout!.
- Distribute the batter evenly between the 2 loaf pans. Tap them on the counter lightly to make sure the batter is settled on the bottom..
- Bake for about an hour and a half. After an hour start checking them by putting a butter knife in the middle to see if it comes out clean..
- When done let cool and turn them out onto a cutting board..
- Once completely cooled move to a vessel large enough for both to have space around them and lid. We used a cake carrier..
- You can eat right away, but we are going to wait at least two weeks. During this long wait we will be spritzing with spiced rum roughly every 3 days..
- See not so scary!.
A festive, flavorful, and moist fruit cake to enjoy all holiday season. It tastes fantastic on its own or with a smear of salted butter! Can I bake this fruitcake in a smaller loaf tins, round cake pan, etc.? Butter a round pan; and line it with a parchment paper. Mix the cream, butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.