tomato fried rice. Transfer fried rice to a large bowl or platter. Drain salted tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil, and spoon over rice. Sprinkle with reserved scallion tops and red pepper flakes (if using) and drizzle with.
We have tomato fried rice quite often over here as it's my husband's favourite while growing up in Japan. Tomato egg fried rice is a great way to use leftover cooked rice while enjoying perfectly ripe tomatoes. For best results, use firm tomatoes so that the fried rice is not too mushy. You can have tomato fried rice using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of tomato fried rice
- Prepare of Main ingredient.
- Prepare of of rice or enough for 4 person.
- It’s of tomato ketcup or more to your liking.
- It’s of or medium tomatoes.
- It’s of cabbage.
- It’s of onion.
- It’s of garlic.
- It’s of ham.
- It’s of sausage.
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of more or less sugar.
- You need of Any other ingredient such as shrimps ,crab meat or chicken..
- You need of of salt (more or less to your liking as well) other alternative would be 1 teaspoon Maggi chicken stock.
Add cashews and fry them until. A deliciously sweet and savoury recipe for tomato fried rice using common pantry ingredients. This sweet tasting, vibrant looking ketchup fried rice (tomato rice) is sure to please anyone with a sweet. Omurice is a fun colorful dish that kids (and grownups) in Japan love.
tomato fried rice instructions
- chop cabbage to thin slices..
- same goes for onion and tomatoes and garlic..
- marinate the sliced tomatoes in small amount tomato sauce while adding the 50 grams of sugar into it..
- dice the ham into squares ; sausage into tiny slices..
- heat some oil on the pan, high heat, then cook the ham and sausage till a darker shade of brown..
- add some oil, medium heat, pour the marinated tomatoes and all the rest into the pan and stir while using the stirrer to press the tomatoes into smaller pieces ..
- add in the slice cabbages, onion and garlic, after about 5 min add in the rice, then the tomato sauce. stir till evan..
- Try / taste test to make sure the flavour is there. If not by this point more ketcup and some sugar can be added..
- (Try some Maggi salted chicken stock or 2 pinch of salt for better result.) I used chicken stock as it add more flavour.
- After the flavour is there add the hams and sausages into the pan..
- Continue to stir carefully as 4 serving of rice might be a lot and can easily spill out..
- Lastly add the eggs into it then stir till it dries. Done!.
It's a mashup of an omelette and tomato rice, but it does take some leftover chicken and a bit of skill to. Fried rice is a triumph of resourcefulness. It's budget-friendly, all leftovers are welcome, and there's This is the weeknight fix version. There are two general approaches to fried rice, one in which the. Fry the onion gently until the onion is soft and slightly translucent.