Jambalaya. Jambalaya (/ˌdʒæmbəˈlaɪ.ə/ JAM-bə-LY-ə, /ˌdʒʌm-/ JUM-) is a popular dish of West African, French (especially Provençal cuisine), and Spanish influence. The BEST Jambalaya Recipe — made with shrimp, chicken and Andouille sausage, veggies, rice and the most delicious zesty Cajun seasoning. Jambalaya is a wildly popular dish that originated in New Orleans and was inspired by flavors around the world—Spanish, West African, and French to name a few.
This is an easy Jambalaya recipe filled Jambalaya recipe – one of New Orleans' most beloved dishes! Jambalaya (pronounced /ˌdʒʌmbəˈlaɪə/ or <jum-buh-LIE-uh>) is a casserole-style dish of Spanish and French influence originating in Louisiana. Jambalaya is traditionally a one pot dish, with a variety of meats and seafood, vegetables, and spicy seasonings. You can have Jambalaya using 22 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jambalaya
- It’s of Rice.
- It’s of I kilo of chicken breast cooked, fried and diced.
- Prepare of sausages grilled and diced.
- It’s of kilo fresh shrimps cooked.
- It’s of big tomatoes dices.
- You need of I big red pepper diced.
- It’s of I big red pepper diced.
- Prepare of I yellow pepper diced.
- Prepare of rodo pepper chopped.
- Prepare of I big onion chopped.
- It’s of gloves garlic chopped.
- You need of hand full of peas.
- Prepare of Spring onions chopped.
- You need of flavorful chicken stock.
- Prepare of Carrots chopped.
- It’s of Cabbage chopped (optional).
- It’s of Fresh rosemary.
- It’s of Thyme.
- You need of Curry.
- You need of Stock.
- It’s of cooking spoonful of vegetable oil.
- You need of Salt.
This is an excellent Jambalaya recipe. I followed it to a tee, except a I added more spice than I should have. I like spicy foods, but I am a bit nervous to serve it tomorrow to my guests. This classic southern recipe is brimming with three proteins including tender shrimp, chicken and sausage, and it's cooked with hearty rice.
Jambalaya step by step
- Wash the rice and cook in a pot containing the chicken stock with the green peas..
- Next put a non stick pan on the fire, add the oil… Then add chopped onice, garlic and tomatoes. Once it simmers, add in the chicken… Add the fresh dieced peppers and carrots, herbs and other spices… Stir again. Pour content into the pot of boiling rice… Cover and allow to cook…
- Add sausages. And shrimps into the pot… Add cabbage on top… Check if the rice is soft…. Give it a good stir… And Viola your jambala rice is ready. I added the cabbage lastly cos the hotness from the rice will make it OK..
This Slow Cooker Jambalaya is a great way to make this New Orleans favorite with less effort! It's loaded with shrimp, chicken, sausage, and Creole seasonings. Les Humphries — Bony Moronie-Jambalaya-Jenny Jenny. Jambalaya is a special kind of comfort food. Depending on the sausage you purchase will determine if you should cook the.