Chocolate Fruit Cake.
You can cook Chocolate Fruit Cake using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Fruit Cake
- It’s of Dried Prunes (chopped).
- It’s of Raisins.
- You need of Currants.
- Prepare of Butter.
- It’s of Molasses Sugar.
- Prepare of Honey.
- You need of Coffee Liqueur.
- You need of Oranges (Zested & Juiced).
- You need of Mixed Spice.
- It’s of Cocoa.
- You need of Eggs (Beaten).
- Prepare of Flour.
- You need of Almonds (Ground).
- Prepare of Baking Powder.
- Prepare of Baking Soda.
Chocolate Fruit Cake instructions
- Prehead oven to 150°C Line cake tin with baking parchment strips.
- Place fruit, butter, sugar, honey, coffee liqueuer, orange zest & juice, mixed spice and cocoa into a large wide saucepan. Heat until reaching a gentle boil, stirring the mixture as the butter melts. Allow to simmer for 10 mins. Leave to cool for 30 mins..
- Add eggs, flour, ground almonds, baking powder & baking soda. Mix well with spatula until ingredients have combined..
- Mix in coffee liqueur.
- Carefully pour into tin. Do not overfill – rises quite a bit.Bake for 105 to 120 minutes or until the top of the cake is firm & has a shiny, sticky look. Inserting a sharp knife into the cake, should reveal a slightly undercooked middle!.