Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice. Classic Shrimp Fried Rice with fresh shrimp, rice, green onions, peas, carrots, and sesame oil. Tips for making the BEST fried rice! Fried rice works best with chilled leftover rice actually.
Anchovy broth is essential in Korean cooking. Learn the basics of making anchovy broth to enhance flavors of your stews, soups, and other dishes. You can simply use dried anchovies (myeolchi, 멸치) for a quick and simple broth. You can cook Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice
- Prepare 400 gr of cooked rice, put in the fridge at least for 1 hour.
- It’s 3 of small shallots, minced.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 of lemon grass, white parts, thinly sliced (optional).
- It’s 2 of green onion, separate the white and green part, thinly sliced.
- It’s 5 of eye bird chili/Thai chili/jalapeno (omit if do not like spicy), thinly sliced.
- You need 2 tbs of dried shrimp/anchovy, chopped (can use anchovy paste or anchovy from a can).
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare as needed of ground white/black pepper,.
- You need 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten with 1/8 tsp salt.
- You need of Accompaniments (optional) :.
- You need of Lettuce.
- It’s of Cucumber.
- Prepare of Roasted duck (left over from dinner).
Dried kelp (dashima, 다시마), aka kombu, is the most popular addition. Dried shrimp are shrimp that have been sun-dried and shrunk to a thumbnail size. They are used in many East Asian, Southeast Asian and South Asian cuisines, imparting a unique umami taste. A handful of shrimp is generally used for dishes.
Dried Shrimp/Anchovy Fried Rice instructions
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok..
- Saute the shallots, garlic, lemon grass, green onion (white part) and chili until translucent. Add in the dried shrimp/anchovy. Stir for a minute..
- Add the rice, and use a metal spatula to flatten out and break up any large clumps. If the rice is cold from the refrigerator, continue stir-frying until the rice is warmed up, which will take about 5 minutes. If the rice was made fresh, cooking time will be faster. Just make sure that the rice isn't too wet, which will make frying it difficult. Sprinkle salt, sugar and ground pepper. Mix it well..
- Push the rice aside of the wok. Add 1 tbs oil in the wok. Pour the beaten eggs. Quickly scramble the eggs, then gather all of the rice into the middle of the wok..
- Mix thoroughly for another minute or two and give it a taste. Add more seasoning if needed. Sprinkle with green onion (the green part). Mix it..
- Transfer to a plate and put the accompaniments on the side. Enjoy!!.
One of the famous fried rices in Malaysia. Spicy and uses anchovies in it. In a mortar, pound the shallots, garlic, dry shrimps, dry anchovies and chillies into a paste. You can also use a blender or food processor. The fried rice was good, but I have pre-visualized my dreamed fried rice, which looks and taste differently.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One of the greatest points of green living is to slow down and enjoy life. This is attainable no matter how filled and frantic your life is. We should go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before it needs treating. Numerous individuals have the attitude of ruining the body today, and fix it with a pill tomorrow. We’re bombarded with advertisements for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. Naturally, a number of these pills do help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. Unlike buying a car, you cannot trade in your exhausted body for a new one. You shouldn’t wait too long or it will be too late to look after your health. Proper nutrition is important for your body to work at optimum levels. When you put food into your mouth, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or only eat anything tastes good at the time? Do you usually eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that most people ingest, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. The food products we are eating cause obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. People are finally recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Nutritious food is now readily available at local grocery and health food shops. Majority of grocery stores now have organic foods. This section is filled with what are today recognized as superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can retard or reverse certain serious diseases. Eating these superfoods will improve your mental awareness and capabilities. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how good you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it requires will enable it to function optimally. This in turn will allow your immune system to fight disease more efficiently. Make sure you incorporate these superfoods into your daily diet. To start, beans are excellent, and berries, in particular blueberries. Then, try adding a few green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a couple of other essentials. Also, you need to have yogurt, soy, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, together with salmon and turkey. Making these foods a usual part of your diet will help solve your weight problems. Following a green living meal plan will offer you just what you need for good health. Your immune system will become stronger, and your body is likely to be free of disease. Prepare for a healthy future by making positive changes to your eating habits today.