Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra. Levantine Style oven baked fish with red chili flakes and vegetable garnish. A popular recipe passed down to me from my mother, the greatest cook of all. 'Samke Harra' or Lebanese Spicy Tahini Fish is a Popular Dish From the Port City of Tripoli El-Mina, in Lebanon. This is a specialty dish where a lightly lemon-marinated fish is baked, then covered with a Today his place is called "Malak El Samkeh Harrah" which means the King of Spicy Fish and I.
A delight for your taste buds! Samke Harra is made of baked fish, a spicy tahini sauce and other spices and ingredients and can be eaten as a sandwich, or served in plates. Mom used to make it on special occasions when we had people over for dinner so it was a treat for us… We've tried eating Samkeh Harrah out in different. You can have Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra
- It’s 2 kg of Hamour fish, cleaned.
- It’s 4 of tomatoes, cut in round slices.
- It’s 2 of green peppers, cut in rounds.
- It’s 3 of onions, cut in round slices.
- You need 3 of lemons, peeled and cut in round slices.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need of For the stuffing:.
- It’s 1 cup of fresh coriander, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green hot peppers, cut in halves with seeds removed.
- It’s 1 of red hot pepper, cut in half with seeds removed.
- Prepare 20 cloves of garlic, peeled.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
Marinate all together and bake or grill the fish for baking. This much loved Lebanese fish dish is spectacular presented on a large platter as part of a buffet. Most often reserved for special occasions, head to the fish market to buy the freshest whole snapper for this recipe. Pour the sauce over the fish dabbing it with a spatula, leaving the head intact.
Oven baked fish with chili – samkeh harra step by step
- Pre-heat the oven on high heat..
- To prepare the stuffing: put all the ingredients together in a food processor and blend until you obtain a homogeneous mixture..
- Using a knife, make 3 cuts on both sides of the fish. Fill in the cuts with the stuffing. With the remaining stuffing, rub the whole fish..
- In an oven tray, pour the vegetable oil and place the fish..
- Put the tray in the oven and bake the fish for 20 min. Remove the tray from the oven, spread the tomato, pepper, onion and lemon slices over the fish randomly..
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and put it back in the oven for about 1 hr until it is well cooked..
- Place the fish in a serving dish and decorate it with the grilled sliced vegetables..
- Serve hot with pita bread..
Garnish with parsley or cilantro leaves, pomegranate seeds, toasted pine nuts or walnuts and an olive to modestly cover the eye of the fish. The book has the Beirut style of samkeh harra. The fish is fried instead of baked. Samke Harra is one awsome dish, Basically it is baked whole fish (sometimes lighlty fried first), stuffed with a mixture of chilies, walnuts, cilantro and garlic. Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels.
Living Greener for Good Health By Consuming Superfoods Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that many folks appreciate. It is possible to do this, even in this fast-paced world we live in. We must get back to the point where it was a lot better to prevent disease in the first place. Unfortunately, most people don’t concern themselves about their health since they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. We’re barraged with advertisements for magic pills that are claimed to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a few necessary changes in your life. When your body ceases to function right, you can’t get yourself a brand new body. You need to look after yourself while you can. Your body cannot run correctly if it does not receive adequate nutrition. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or just eat anything tastes good at the time? Do you typically eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food places? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that virtually all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are always being discovered. The food products we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. People are at last realizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Lots of healthy food can now be found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nearly all grocery stores these days sell organic foods. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been proven to delay or reverse certain illnesses. You will see that you think more clearly when you begin to consume these superfoods. You will start to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to consume the superfoods instead of junk food. Your body will start to run as it is supposed to when you supply it with the right nutrition. As a result, the immune system is better able to fight off any health condition. You must have several superfoods in your diet daily. Why not eat some beans or blueberries? Leagy greens, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Throw in whole food grains and nuts. In addition, you may want to consume salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you eat these superfoods regularly, you should eliminate any weight problems. Green living provides you with a good eating plan, with all of the correct ingredients for better health. Your body will ward off diseases as your immune system improves. You can expect to have a healthy future by altering your food choices right now.