Vegetable Red Thai Curry. Watch how to make amazing Thai red curry at home in this short recipe video! This vegetable curry is made with common grocery store ingredients. This Vegan Thai Red Curry tastes better than anything you'd get from a restaurant, and is totally customizable depending on what vegetables you have on hand.
Vegetarian THAI RED CURRY simmered in creamy and invigorating aromatic sauce is hearty and comforting. What are the ingredients of vegan thai red curry. Vegetables – I am using onion, carrots, red bell pepper, baby corn and zucchini. You can have Vegetable Red Thai Curry using 19 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Red Thai Curry
- Prepare 1/2 cup of peppers Mixed diced (red , yellow and green ).
- It’s 1/2 cup of zucchini diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mushrooms diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of onions diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of broccoli florets.
- It’s 1/2 cup of bamboo shoot sliced (this is one of the main vegetables in thai cusine).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of celery chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of lemon lemongrass grass.
- You need 1/2 litre of coconut milk unsweetened.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh cream.
- You need of For the red thai paste.
- It’s 2 of red onions chopped.
- You need 10 – 15 of chilly red thai.
- You need 8 cloves of garlic – 10.
- It’s 1/2 cup of bamboo shoot.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lemon grass.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chilli garlic sacue.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- You need of Salt.
Vegetables in Thai Red Curry with Sweet Potato Noodles. Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, tomatoes, red curry paste, garlic and ginger. This vegetable thai red curry can be made vegetarian and vegan by leaving out the shrimp paste. For the curry, heat one tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a large wok over a high heat.
Vegetable Red Thai Curry step by step
- Step 1 : Making Red Thai Paste.
- In a sauce pan add 2 table spoon of oil. When the oil is warm add onions, garlic and saute them. After they turn little golden add thai chillis, lemon grass, bamboo shoot and cook them until they are cooked..
- Add vinegar, salt (around 1/2 tea spoon but to taste). Also add chilly garlic paste (optional).
- Once its cooked let it cool for some time and make into a paste in the blender..
- This paste can be used for a number of Thai dishes like Thai soup, Thai noodles and Thai fried rice.
- You can store this paste in the fridge for upto 2 months.
- For the Curry :.
- Note :You can take vegetables of your choice. The main flavors are given by bamboo shoot,celery and lemon grass which are must in this curry..
- In a big bowl add coconut milk, salt, and 2-3 table spoon of the red thai paste that we made. You can decide how much paste to add by tasting. usually the color should be light red / pink..
- In a wok saute all the vegetables and add then above coconut milk mix..
- Add lemon grass and salt..
- Add the cream (optional)..
- Note : if you think the curry is very thin just dissolve 1 teaspoon of cornflour in 1/4 cup of water and dissolve it in the curry and bring it to a boil..
- Best served with steamed rice..
Here is a Thai-inspired vegetable red curry recipe that makes a flavorful weeknight meal. It is a flexible vegan recipe that you can modify with whatever vegetables or protein that you have available. This Thai red curry recipe is so easy to make at home! It's much tastier than takeout and healthier, too. This recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten free.