Smothered round tip sirloin beef steak. Beef sirloin just might be America's favorite cut of beef, for good reason: it's readily available at grocery stores, affordable, and tender enough for quick Top sirloin steaks are leaner and less tender than ribeye, T-bone steak, or strip steaks, but they're juicy and flavorful when grilled or pan seared. Beef Sirloin Tip Steaks are served with frozen vegetables and a delicious sesame-soy sauce. The Sirloin Tip, also known as the "Knuckle," is the muscle group that runs parallel with the (femur) leg bone of the Round that extends upward from the (patella) kneecap toward the ball of the femur.
What Does Round Tip Steak Taste Like? The round tip steak lacks the intramuscular fat, called "marbling" in culinary terms, that adds flavor to Look for round tip steak in your grocery store meat case or order it from a specialty butcher. You may see sirloin tip steaks labeled as sirloin tip center. You can have Smothered round tip sirloin beef steak using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smothered round tip sirloin beef steak
- It’s of seasoning for meat.
- It’s of sirloin beef tip steak.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of onion powder.
- It’s of seasoning all.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of Gravy.
- Prepare of Lipton beefy onion mix.
- Prepare of of beef broth.
- You need of pioneer brown gravy mix or any brown gravy mix.
- Prepare of water (optional).
The sirloin steak is cut from the sirloin, the subprimal posterior to the short loin where the T-bone, porterhouse, and club steaks are cut. The sirloin is actually divided into several types of steak. The top sirloin is the most prized of these and is specifically marked for sale under that name. Sirloin tip steak is a fairly tough cut of beef due to its leanness.
Smothered round tip sirloin beef steak instructions
- Defrost Steak in water.
- After steak has thawed pat dry this helps steak to brown evenly.
- season both sides of steak with seasoning all, onion powder,garlic powder,black pepper.
- flour steak on both sides.
- Add 2 or 3 table spoons of shortening to cast iron pan or whatever your favorite pan is I used butter shortening but you can also use vegetable oil..
- put steak in pan and brown each side for about 3 to 4 mins until meat is nice and brown on both sides.
- Remove steak from pan.
- turn fire down to med with remaining oil left in pan add Lipton beefy onion mix and 2 cups of beef broth stir briskly until dissolved.
- Take remaining broth and mix with pioneer brown gravy mix until dissolved then add to pan..
- add steak to pan making sure to add all the yummy juices that has dripped from the steak. turn fire on low let cook for 45-50 mins or until tender.
- if you need more gravy you can use the 2 cups of water I normally use just 1 cup of water.
Our simple marinade solves this problem using pantry ingredients How to cook sirloin tip steak. Sirloin steaks are a grilling favorite, and for good reason. They're rich in beef flavor and real easy to grill on the barbecue. Sirloin Steak Sandwiches with Horseradish Sauce. · For dinner tonight, try Alton Brown's Swiss Steak cutlets from Good Eats on Food Network, cooked in bacon drippings and smothered in an oniony beef If you like Beef: Top Round Sirloin Beef Roast/Steaks, you might love these ideas. Sirloin Tip Steak Beef Round Steak Crockpot Round Steak Recipes Sirloin Roast Steak Tips Beef Meals Cube Steak Beef Steak Venison.