Caldo De Camarones.
You can have Caldo De Camarones using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caldo De Camarones
- You need of large shrimp.
- It’s of low sodium chicken stock.
- You need of potatoes.
- You need of Chiote- Mexican zucchini.
- It’s of onion.
- Prepare of green onions.
- Prepare of cilantro.
- You need of bayleaf.
- It’s of chicken bouillon.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of achote paste.
- It’s of cumin.
- It’s of new mexico chili powder.
- It’s of roma tomatoes.
- Prepare of minced garlic clove.
- Prepare of olive oil.
Caldo De Camarones step by step
- start by cleaning and devaining shrimp. save your shells you will need to bring those to a simmer for about 15-20 minutes with 2 cups of water. This will be your stock base for soup..
- peel and dice potatoes to bite size pieces I preboil these so that my soup is not all starchy. boil 10-12 minutes till tender drain n rinse set aside..
- dice your other veggies, chiote, onions, tomatoes and set aside..
- in your stock pot add olive oil white onions and tomatoes, and garlic give a quick cook till your onions are sweated down. ( about 3-4 min).
- now add your seasonings and give a quick minute to cook..
- add your chicken stock & strain your shrimp stock to pot. Add your bayleaf and your chopped chiote, let come to a simmer taste for salt & seasonings add more to your liking..
- once your veggies are tender add your potatoes back and your shrimp. When shrimp just turn pink about 6-7 minutes turn off..
- take out bayleaf, top with scallions, and cilantro..
- serve with lime wedges and chips or tortillas…