Ranga Aloor Puli Pithe/ Sweet Potato Dumplings. Ranga aloor pithe / sweet potatopithe or rosh puli pithe is traditional bengali pithe recipe made specially for poush sankranti. It is also important to eat one root crop like yam or sweet potato. The Bengali gourmet however has chosen sweet potatoes over yams, but in rural places yam still.
Music Source Sweet Potato and Moong Dal Pitha Recipe prepared by Grandmother Ranga aloo r rosh pithe / sweet potato dumplings – these are stuffed with coconut sweetened with jaggery and then deep fried and dunked in light syrup. Red skin sweet potatoes with thin skin, the sticky pale white inside, my maa, my dida, the old house, the kitchen I spent so many hours watching my The rolled spheres are then deep fried and dunked in sweet cardamom flavored sugar syrup. You can have Ranga Aloor Puli Pithe/ Sweet Potato Dumplings using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ranga Aloor Puli Pithe/ Sweet Potato Dumplings
- Prepare of For the outer layer-.
- You need 2-3 of medium sized sweet potatoes(boiled & mashed).
- You need 2 tbsp of all purpose flour/ maida.
- You need of For the stuffing-.
- You need 1 cup of grated coconut.
- You need 1/2 cup of jaggery.
- Prepare of Oil for deep frying.
In this case mashed sweet potatoes are used instead of dairy. Ranga Alur Puli Pithe, Ranga Alur Pitha, Bengali Sweet Potato Recipe, Shankranti Learn how to make ranga aloo halwa or Sweet potato halwa recipe in bengali. This is very tasty and famous sweet dish. Ranga Alur Puli Pithe, Ranga Aloor Pitha, Sweet Potato Pantua Recipe, Poush Sangkranti.
Ranga Aloor Puli Pithe/ Sweet Potato Dumplings instructions
- Combine the coconut & jaggery in a pan in low flame & let the jaggery dissolve completely..
- Stir continuously until you get a thick mixture..
- When the mixture thickens, remove from the flame & let it cool..
- Devide it into equal 9-10 portions & set aside..
- Boil the sweet potatoes until soft.Peel & mash them until smooth..
- Add the refined flour to the mashed sweet potatoes & knead it well to form a smooth dough..
- The dough should be soft & nonsticky.Devide the dough into 9-10 equal balls& set aside..
- Flatten the dough ball with your greased palm.Place the coconut,jaggery stuffing in the centre..
- Carefully fold the dough to form the pulies.Seal the edges..
- Heat oil in a deep fry pan.Derp fry the stuffed pulies over a medium flame until golden brown colour..
- Remove from the oil & serve them hot or cold..
Sweet potato or mishti aloo puli pitha. Sweet potato dumplings in sugar syrup. The sweet potato mixture is incredibly easy to work with, the ingredients are straightforward (but complex-tasting, once they all come together), and the rolling, while tricky at first, is from Broke Ass Gourmet. She says "If you have never made dumplings before, this is a good recipe to start with. See great recipes for Rosho puli pithe(Coconut and Rava dumplings) too!