Delicious Stuffed Zucchini : Ablama. This hearty dish is considered comfort food in Lebanon & there are different varieties to it. In this video, I show you two of those varieties; one of them. Traditionally, Ablama or any Mediterranean zucchini dish for that matter is made with Asian zucchini, but since most grocery stores don't carry that, you.
This delicious stuffed zucchini recipe can be served as either a side dish or a main dish. This recipe needs a lot of adjustments. In order for the zucchini boats not to be undercooked, (ie. crunchy) they should be baking in the oven while the stuffing is prepared. You can cook Delicious Stuffed Zucchini : Ablama using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Delicious Stuffed Zucchini : Ablama
- You need 1 kg of baby zucchini, washed.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes, cut in slices.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, dissolved in 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Vegetable oil for frying.
- You need of For the stuffing:.
- It’s 250 g of beef, coarsely ground.
- It’s 3 of onions, finely minced.
- You need 3 tablespoons of raw pine nuts.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
See great recipes for Casserole of baby zucchini stuffed with ground meat – koussa ablama too! How to make stuffed zucchini boats. The recipe couldn't be simpler either. The dish can even be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to bake.
Delicious Stuffed Zucchini : Ablama instructions
- Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a corer, pierce the top and remove the insides, making sure to keep a relatively thick outer layer that can hold the stuffing..
- To prepare the stuffing: fry the pine nuts and onions in 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil until pine nuts are slightly roasted and the onions are soft..
- Stir in the meat, pepper, cinnamon and salt. Cook for 10 min until the meat is done. Remove from heat and let it cool..
- Stuff the zucchini, making sure they are fully stuffed..
- In a saucepan, fry the stuffed zucchini in ¾ cup of vegetable oil, turning them every few minutes until both sides are slightly brown. Remove from oil and arrange them in a baking tray..
- Preheat the oven to medium heat..
- Put the tomato slices on top of the zucchini and pour over the dissolved tomato paste. Add enough water to cover the zucchinis and tomato slices..
- 8. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and bake in the oven for 30 min or until the sauce thickens..
- 9. Serve hot with vermicelli rice..
Stuff the hollowed out zucchini and/or yellow squash and add the filling. Wash zucchini, and put in a pot of cold water (do not remove ends). Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a fairly large skillet. Saute garlic first, then add onions, green pepper, thyme, and. These healthy zucchini boats from Delish.com are the best.