Sourdough Pizza Bread. Homemade sourdough pizza is an eye-opening experience, with so much flavor in the dough and a crispy Breadtopia. Bread Baking Instructional Videos, Recipes, and Baking Equipment and Supplies. First, a little discussion on why I chose the percentages, numbers, and ingredients in the formula below.
The best of both worlds: sourdough bread and pizza. This sourdough pizza base is chewy and flavoursome with a golden, crisp crust. Sourdough adds delicious flavor to this homemade pizza crust. You can cook Sourdough Pizza Bread using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Pizza Bread
- Prepare of Starter feeding:.
- It’s of starter.
- Prepare of whole wheat flour.
- You need of white bread flour.
- You need of luke warm water.
- You need of Dough ingredients:.
- It’s of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare of white bread flour.
- You need of water.
- It’s of salt.
The recipe is easily scalable and a great way to use up excess sourdough starter. Sourdough bakers are always on the lookout for creative ways to put unfed starter to use. Make homemade sourdough pizza with a wonderfully chewy crust. Try our margherita recipe, then customise with your favourite toppings.
Sourdough Pizza Bread instructions
- Mix the starter ingredients in a glass bowl or jar. Let it rest minimum 3 hours in room temperature. Check the strength of starter with floating test after 3 hours..
- Mix the starter mixture with the dough ingredients. It will be sticky dough. Let it autolyse in room temperature for 30 minutes. Cover it with wet towel..
- Place the bowl in the fridge and Let it goes to cold fermentation overnight..
- The next morning you have to seen a magic on the dough. It will double in volume..
- Punch it down and add a teaspoon salt. Fold it well. Leave it 1-2 hours in room temperature..
- Bring the dough to lightly dusted counter top; divide the dough into two or three.
- Shape it into ball and rest it on the counter top for 10 minutes..
- Heat up the non-stick pan. Take a piece of dough and flatten it according to the pan size. Place the dough on the pan..
- Bake it each side with medium heats for 3-4 minutes each side. I covered the pan while baking. Flip another side..
- Bake it to golden brown. Transfer it out to plate..
- Prepare your toppings according to your preferences..
This bread is almost as good as having pizza, and it makes a great snack with a slice of cheese Put sourdough starter in a large mixing bowl. Sourdough Pizza Bread: You'll love this wonderful pizza bread. It has loads of healthy ingredients and a great sourdough texture. Change some of the ingredients according to your taste preferences and. Make amazing pizza at home using Foodgeek sourdough pizza recipe.