Doughnuts with sourdough starter. Making donuts with the natural yeast of a sourdough starter takes them into another stratosphere. Beat egg yolks with sugar or honey, add the melted butter. Can you make sweet bread with sourdough starter?
Since wild yeast are present in all flour, the easiest way to make a starter If you stir the starter, it will feel looser than yesterday and honeycombed with bubbles. It should also be smelling quite sour and pungent. Sourdough Doughnuts – This recipe calls for sourdough starter, so if you're into breadmaking this is the recipe for you. You can have Doughnuts with sourdough starter using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Doughnuts with sourdough starter
- It’s of White flour starter.
- It’s of all purpose flour or 300 gr strong bread flour.
- It’s of egg yolks – room temperature.
- You need of sugar (100 gr for sweet doughnuts) or 4 tbsp honey.
- You need of melted butter.
- Prepare of warm milk.
If not, maybe it's time to give it a shot. There's no substitute for the starter in this recipe, just like there's no substitute for hot, fresh doughnuts. Sourdough baking is as much art as science. I never know – is it Donuts or Doughnuts?
Doughnuts with sourdough starter instructions
- Beat egg yolks with sugar or honey, add the melted butter. Mix it..
- Add the starter to the warm milk, mix it well..
- Mix the egg mixture to the milk mixture and slowly add the flour. Stir it with your wooden spoon until it is homogenised..
- Time for kneading, remove out the dough on your counter top. If you feel the dough a bit sticky to you, you may 1 – 2 tbsp flour but not too much. Knead the dough for 12 – 15 minutes. You may use slap / flip and fold technique. Dough should be elastic and smooth. If you have kitchen mixer, you may use it to knead the dough for 5 minutes until the dough is elastic and smooth..
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and let it rise for 3 – 5 hours. Cover it with kitchen towel..
- When the dough double in volume. Take it out on your slightly floured counter, stretch the dough / roll it to 1 cm thickness. It will be softer than regular doughnut dough. Cut out the dough with ring cutter. Place it on the parchment paper or floured baking tray. For the rest dough, you can knead it and stretch it again. Cut it. the leftover dough, you may just leave it on its shapes..
- Cover the doughnuts with kitchen towel. Let it rise for one and half hours. Poke the dough. If the indent/poke you make with your finger stays longer / does not spring back quickly, the doughnuts are ready to be fried..
- Heat the oil in a pot, minimun filled it 1/4 pot – 1/2 pot full with oil. Do not over heat the oil. You may use a chopstick or wooden stick to test the oil. If the bubbles appear around the stick, the oil is ready to be used..
- Place in two to three doughnuts once, fry it for 2 mins each side until golden brown. Bring it out to a plate with a paper napkin to absorb the extra oil..
- Fry the rest of the doughnuts. Let it cool down. Let us make a bite first. looks great inside..
- While cooling down, prepare the toppings such as plate with icing sugar powder, bowl of melted chocolate, bowl of chopped nut, or some jam, and many mores..
- Dip each doughnut with the toppings. Your doughnuts are ready to be enjoyed..
What kind of starter does this recipe use? This recipe works great with unfed sourdough discard that is room temperature. The best results come from starters that have been sitting on your counter and fed often, within the last day or. — Bon Appetite Yeast doughnuts with sourdough starter instead of yeast. Remove dough from container and roll and cut cold dough. A sourdough starter is a fermented dough made of water and flour, filled with naturally occurring wild yeast and lactobacilli.