Sourdough bun. Sourdough buns made to fit the slots on the toaster. While English muffin rings make these buns perfectly round, you can also shape and bake the buns without them; see "tips," below. A sourdough burger bun so satisfying you won't ever go back to store bought!
Perfect for summer bbqs & more! To find the full recipe, follow the link below. I posted this recipe in the forums and Akillian made them and posted her picture. You can have Sourdough bun using 5 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sourdough bun
- It’s 3 tbsp of sourdough starter (strong).
- It’s 150 gr of bread flour.
- It’s 50 gr of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 100-120 ml of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
The last few weeks I have been experimenting with hot cross buns. This sourdough hamburger bun recipe makes buns with a sturdy crust that holds up to a hefty burger (or pulled pork, sloppy joes, veggie burgers, or a portobello burger). Soft and fluffy sourdough buns are perfect for sandwiches or your summer BBQs. These fermented rolls make great hamburger buns.
Sourdough bun step by step
- Mix the starter with 50 ml room temperature water..
- Add the flour on top of starter. Mix them well and add the rest of water..
- Mix it well and if it is really too sticky to handle, add 1 tbsp flour..
- Keep it aside / autolyse for 30 minutes..
- After 30 minutes, add 1/2 tsp salt. Remove the dough out to the counter. Stretch and fold the dough for 5-8 minutes until it is smooth and elastic..
- Grease a bowl with a tsp oil. Place the dough into the bowl. Cover with wet towel and place in the fridge overnight..
- The next morning, remove the dough out to the counter. Slightly flour dusted the counter and dough..
- Divide the dough into 4-5 pieces. Shape it into ball and place it on the plate or tray..
- Cover them with dry towel. Proof them for 1-2 hours..
- After 1-2 hours, prepare a non-stick pan. Grease the pan with little oil. Heat it with low level..
- Score the bread with sharp knife..
- Place the dough into the pan. Cover the pan if it is possible with lid or plate..
- Bake the bun with lid for 5-6 minutes. Open the lid and have a look. The bun will expand (if it is in the oven, it names oven spring). The bottom of buns should be golden brown and you may flip it..
- Bake another side for another 5 minutes. Bake the side of bun by rolling them on the pan/standing it on the pan..
- Transfer it to the rack. Let it cool down for 5-10 minutes. Slice it and use it to make chicken muffin sandwich..
Summer is approaching, and between warm weather. Sourdough Hot Cross Buns with added Yeast. I made two batches and both worked well. For this batch, I added the sourdough for flavour and still added yeast to make the dough rise and this meant. I wanted to make these as sourdough buns, so developed the following recipe.