Spicy baby potato curry. #chettinadstyle #potatocurry #indianrecipes Chettinad style gravy is a popular South Indian recipe. Boiled potatoes are cooked in the Chettinad gravy for. Or till potatoes are cooked and they should be knife tender.
Garnish with chopped coriander or cilantro leaves. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals! This potato curry recipe uses baby potatoes to prepare visually appealing and tasty curry. You can cook Spicy baby potato curry using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy baby potato curry
- Prepare of To grind.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of Bengal gram dal.
- You need 2 teaspoon of urad dal.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of peppercorn.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- It’s 2 of red chillies.
- Prepare 4 of large garlic pieces.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of chilli powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of coconut-.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need of To Temper.
- You need 2 teaspoon of oil.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/4 kg of baby potatoes.
In addition to this, the tomato puree adds nice tang of tomato and color too. Learn how to make mouth watering spicy potato curry with baby potatoes with this easy recipe. Lahori aloo recipe-Spicy baby potato curry recipe. Add baby leaf, ginger garlic paste fry for a minute.
Spicy baby potato curry instructions
- Heat a tawa, dry roast the ingredients in medium flame- 2 teaspoon Bengal gram dal, 2 teaspoon urad dal, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon peppercorn, 1 teaspoon fennel seeds and 2 red chillies.
- Once roasted, allow the spices to cool down and then transfer to a mixie jar.
- Along with the spices add the ingredients and grind to a fine paste – 4 large garlic pieces, chopped 1/2 inch ginger, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder, 2 teaspoon chilli powder, 2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 inch coconut- 2 pieces and necessary salt and water.
- Peel the skin of the potatoes and make tiny holes using fork, so that the masala will get coated well.
- Heat a kadai and add 2 teaspoon oil, temper with 2 teaspoon mustard seeds and once the seeds start to splutter, add the boiled potatoes and mix well.
- Add the ground masala to the potatoes and mix well, add required water to cook the masala with the potatoes.
- Once the masala starts thickening, turn off the stove and add a teaspoon of coconut oil for a good flavour. Spicy potato curry ready to serve.
- Serve the spicy potato curry hot with rice varieties like sambar rice, rasam rice,curd rice and rotis.
- Potatoes can be replaced with paneer and cauliflower.
Potato/Aloo is one of my family favorite vegetable and that's the reason for lots of potato recipes here. Once in a week i make any recipe may be a simpley potato fry, potato kurma for ildi/dosa, potato masal for rotis or anything using potato. This is my second recipe for baby potato curry. Earlier I have shared a madurai style small potato curry. After that,I din't get a chance to make baby potato recipes other than biryani and pulao.