Sourdough Bread 4-H Champion. In the morning it's stretched TIP: When looking online for a Sourdough Bread Recipe (there are thousands!) I've found what is most important is to find a sourdough bread. Troubleshooting a dough that is not rising or doesn't produce the bread you had in mind. Ideas for what to do with leftover sourdough starter you can't use for bread making.
Sourdough bread is made by the fermentation of dough using naturally occurring lactobacilli and yeast. The lactic acid produced by the lactobacilli gives it a more sour taste and improved keeping. Sourdough bread is made entirely using wild yeast — with a strong, active sourdough culture of wild yeast, you won't need any commercial yeast at all. You can have Sourdough Bread 4-H Champion using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Bread 4-H Champion
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Sourdough Starter.
- You need 2/3 cup of scant, water or buttermilk.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 2 1/4 tbsp of butter, melted.
- It’s 4 of to 5 C flour.
Wild yeast need a little more coaxing and works a little more slowly than commercial yeast. Making delicious sourdough bread will turn you into your family's hero so grab these sourdough tips and tricks to help you master your sourdough starter. · If you're a sourdough bread beginner, this is the recipe you need! With four simple ingredients and BASIC technique, kick sourdough frustration. Why you shouldn't skip the bread. (Alan Benson)Source: Alan Benson.
Sourdough Bread 4-H Champion instructions
- mix starter, water, sugar, butter. Add 2 1/2 C flour and beat til smooth. If use buttermilk, add 2 tbsp water as well at this point. add in 2 1/4 C flour and salt to make a sift dough, knead til dough isn't sticky, adding flour if necessary..
- Place in large bowl and let rise til doubled. punch down..
- Divide into two loaf pans and let rise until just over the top of the loaf pan..
- bake at 350 for 35-45 min. Brush with butter after it comes out of the oven..
Before you get started, read over my tips and tricks for making and baking sourdough bread. Put the sourdough starter in a large bowl and return any remaining starter to the refrigerator. For those new to sourdough baking, this is a great place to start. This recipe makes fantastically delicious A nice and light bread with an open crumb—I'm thrilled with the outcome of this beginner's sourdough bread. The added whole wheat and rye flour boosted.