Instant pot navy bean and ham soup. All Reviews for Instant Pot® Navy Bean and Ham Soup. Made this soup for Christmas dinner and it was a huge hit!! All Reviews for Instant Pot® Navy Bean and Ham Soup.
Tips for the Best Instant Pot Beans. Add a tablespoon of oil: This helps reduce foaming as the beans cook, which can sometimes clog up the pressure This was some of the best bean soup I've had. Quick and easy, no fuss, and best of all everyone else loved them, even my daughter in law who has. You can cook Instant pot navy bean and ham soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant pot navy bean and ham soup
- You need Pkg of dried navy beans with ham flavor packet.
- You need 1 of Ham bone with meat.
- You need of Water to cover.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- You need 2 of carrots diced.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks diced.
- You need 2 tbsp of bacon grease and or butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need of I wash in cold and boil my beans three times on the stove before.
This navy bean soup is a simple dish made with diced ham from a baked ham dinner (or a leftover ham bone) and dried navy beans. It's hearty enough to serve as a lunch or supper soup, and because it's budget-friendly you can feed a crowd without sacrificing flavor or quality. This easy Instant Pot Navy Bean Soup is an old fashioned recipe for a delicious soup made with a hamhock, ham, and navy beans. Learn how to make ham and beans in your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker!
Instant pot navy bean and ham soup instructions
- Turn instant pot to saute, add bacon grease and/or butter; then saute onions, celery, and carrots until onion become opaque.
- Then add garlic powder, onion powder, and ham flavor packet and stir into veggies.
- Turn instant pot to pressure cook to high 35min. Add ham bone and meat, your rinsed and cleaned beans, and water until covering beans and bone completely. Close lid and cook.
- Once timer goes off stir ingredients well and then set pot to cooker on pressure cook low another 20-30 min..
- Once time goes off remove ham bone and residual meat from bone.
- Then serve and enjoy.
Step by Step guide to making this no soak perfect southern comfort food from scratch starting. Kaytis' Navy bean and Ham soup is one of our popular crock pot soups. Easily Turn this recipe into Instant pot navy bean soup. Just follow the recipe and change the beans to navy beans. Or use great northern beans or any bean combination you enjoy. what beans do you use for ham and bean soup?