Red kidney bean soup with smoked ham. Very Healthy Red Kidney Bean Soup With Lime YogurtFood.com. Slow Cooker Ham & Kidney Bean SoupThe Kitchen is My Playground. Smoked Sausage and Vegetable Soup with Hillshire Farm Naturals® Smoked SausageHillshire Farm.
A delicious soup for chilly days–or even not so chilly ones. And it's healthy too! (Moderately adapted from a recipe on allrecipes.com.) While soup is heating, place stewed tomatoes and second can of kidney beans in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth; then add to soup. Vegan Red Kidney Bean Soup Recipe You can have Red kidney bean soup with smoked ham using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red kidney bean soup with smoked ham
- Prepare of red kidney beans.
- Prepare of smoked ham, cut to small pieces.
- It’s of oil.
- It’s of flour.
- Prepare of paprika powder.
- You need of small onion.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of large carrots.
- Prepare of large parsnips.
- Prepare of salt (bear in mind the ham is already salted).
- You need of pepper.
- Prepare of chilli (optional).
- Prepare of sour cream (optional).
- Prepare of For the pasta:.
- You need of egg.
- It’s of flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of turmeric.
Red kidney bean soup is hearty and healthy, and in some households, it is made every Saturday. Do pig tails taste like smoked ham hocks? Smoked ham shanks make a tasty broth for this classic white bean soup that is Southern right down to its soul. This recipe may take a while to make, but it is mostly unattended and your efforts will be rewarded with a deeply satisfying meal.
Red kidney bean soup with smoked ham instructions
- In a large saucepan soak red kidney beans in cold water 6 -8 hours or over night. In the same water boil the beans gently until half cooked, then add the smoked ham, and sliced vegetables. Simmer until almost cooked. In the meantime prepare your pasta. Combine flour, egg, pinch of salt, and pinch of turmeric and Knead it into a firm dough. Grate the pasta (sprinkle with flour often so it won't stick), spread out on a towel or plate, and let it dry..
- Finely chop onion and crush garlic fry both in oil until golden, then add flour and stir continuously for a minute or two be careful not to burn it. Remove from heat and sprinkle with paprika powder, add a little water and pour it into the boiling soup. Let it simmer gently for 5-10 minutes, by this time the soup is cooked. Next, add the pasta and cook until pasta is soft. Season to taste add chilli if like it hot and serve with a little sour cream (optional) and sliced bread roll. Enjoy..
Once the broth has simmered for an hour. Kidney beans of the red variety are a must-have for your red beans and rice or your favorite chili. A simple but tasty soup to make using a leftover ham bone, kidney beans, and potatoes. Put it all into the slow cooker in the morning, and come home to a savory hot meal. Ham and navy bean soup used to be our traditional post-holiday soup to use the leftover ham bone.