Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi. These creamy and rich Braised Short Ribs with Creamy Polenta make the perfect romantic meal for Valentine's Day or any special occasion! Alas, short ribs enter the picture. At one point short ribs were ridiculously cheap.
These tender braised Instant Pot short ribs with polenta are the newest star of Christmas dinner, no effort required. Braised short ribs are extremely tender and flavorful. Served over creamy polenta or mashed potatoes, you have true comfort food. You can have Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi using 40 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi
- It’s of For the short ribs.
- It’s 2 of lg short ribs per serving, I made 3 servings.
- It’s of Salt, white pepper, dry mustard.
- You need 1/4 of sweet onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of lg cloves garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of red wine, I used a cabernet.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar to taste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 1 tbs of minced chives.
- It’s of For the polenta.
- It’s 1/4 of sweet onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of lg cloves garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of white corn meal.
- You need 6 oz of merlot belvitano cheese, shredded or cubed.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sour cream.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and white pepper.
- You need of For the scampi.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of 16-21 count prawns, I used wild argentinian pinks.
- It’s of Remove shells, leave tail on.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 of sweet onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of red chili flakes.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of For the pan sauce.
- Prepare of All the drippings from the ribs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of additional red wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of additional balsamic vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Garnish.
- It’s of Additional chopped parsley and chives.
I think this recipe for Braised Short Ribs checks all the boxes. There were packages of bone-in and boneless beef short ribs. I was trying to decide which to buy so I asked to speak with the butcher or meat cutter and asked him to help me choose the right ribs for my recipe which he was happy to do. Making polenta is the easiest thing in the world, and can be a nice complement to many meat dishes.
Brad's Braised Short Ribs w/ Creamy White Polenta & Shrimp Scampi step by step
- Heat a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil. Coat ribs with seasoning generously. Quickly brown on all sides. Set aside..
- In same Dutch oven, add butter and onions. Cook on medium low heat until they start to caramelize. Add garlic and cook one minute. Add parsley and chives, cook one more minute. Add rest of ingredients for the ribs. Bring mixture just to a boil so flavor combines..
- Return the ribs to the Dutch oven. Cover and place in a 300 degree oven for 2 hours. Reduce heat to 170 and continue for 2 more hours..
- Remove ribs to and oven safe plate and place in oven at 170 to keep warm. Cool the cooking liquid until it is Able to be handled. Strain as much fat off of the top as you can. Add remaining ingredients for the sauce except salt. Bring to a simmer and reduce. The sauce should have a shimmery Appearance not too thick like gravy. Salt to taste..
- Start the polenta and scampi at the same time. Polenta in a lg saucepan, scampi in a lg frying pan. Both over medium high heat. Add butter to both and saute onions..
- For the polenta, you don't want onion to caramelize. Just sweat off. When translucent, add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add water, milk, and bouillon. Bring to a boil. When boiling, very slowly whisk cornmeal into liquid. If you go too fast it will be lumpy. As soon as all the cornmeal is incorporated, add cheese and sour cream, reduce heat. Stir constantly until thick and creamy.
- For the scampi, you do want the onion to caramelize a little. When you start seeing the onion brown, add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add rest of scampi ingredients except salt and saute until prawns are cooked. About 3-4 minutes. Taste 1 prawn and add salt if desired..
- To plate, add polenta on the bottom, place short ribs on top of polenta. Scampi on the side. Garnish polenta with parsley, and rib with chives. Spoon pan sauce over ribs and polenta. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
I stirred a secret ingredient into my polenta the other night, and combined with the slow-cooked beef short ribs, it was too yummy for color TV. The short ribs can even be braised the day before. They reheat incredibly well, possibly even Then check out Orecchiette with Braised Short Ribs and Swiss Chard to see how you can transform your creamy-cheddar-polenta/]. For the Swiss Chard with Pancetta. Braised Short Rib on Creamy Polenta – Chef Roland Calupe.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Great Way To Go Green For Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of going green that a lot of people appreciate. In spite of the fast pace of our modern world, you can accomplish this. We need to get back to where it was better to avoid disease in the first place. Too many folks have the attitude of destroying the body today, and heal it with a pill the next day. We’re bombarded with advertisements for magic pills that are advertised to fix any problem with the snap of a finger. Of course, some of these pills can help but only if you couple them with lifestyle changes. When your body stops working right, you won’t be able to obtain a brand new one. You have to look after your body while you can do so. Your body cannot run properly if it fails to get proper nutrition. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or merely eat the food that tastes good at the time? How often do you fill up on mini mart junk food, or greasy fried foods from the local fast food restaurant? As people choose to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and several others, possibly induced by the foods that are eaten. People are choosing to eat better now that they know how crucial food choices are to their health. Many healthy food can now be found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Nowadays, you can find an organic food aisle in virtually all grocery stores. In the organic food section, you’ll see the superfoods. This term refers to 14 foods that have been discovered to retard or reverse certain maladies. By consuming these superfoods, your body will become healthier. Once you replace the junk food with the superfoods,
you will notice an amazing increase in how much better you feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will allow it to run optimally. When this happens, your immune system will easily fight off health conditions. Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your diet. Why not add some beans or blueberries? Next, try adding several veggies such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Whole cereals, and oats, plus a variety of nuts, mainly walnuts. Additionally, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you eat these superfoods on a regular basis, you should eliminate any weight problems. Adopting a green living diet plan will give you just what you need to become healthy and fit. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fend off disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits today.