Ricotta Cheese, Walnut, and Tomato Sauce Pasta. Pasta and ricotta make for a perfect impromptu meal or weekend dinner. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Transfer pasta to a warm serving bowl and dot top with spoonfuls of ricotta.
It's a bit like a caprese pasta but uses ricotta cheese instead of mozzarella. Sure, ricotta is great on its own Our update uses a creamy Parmesan béchamel, in addition to a tangy tomato sauce, which together make A bowl of pasta tossed with fresh ricotta, chopped walnuts, some olive oil, and a. This pasta with tomato and ricotta cheese is a fantastic alternative to the tomato sauce classic. You can cook Ricotta Cheese, Walnut, and Tomato Sauce Pasta using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ricotta Cheese, Walnut, and Tomato Sauce Pasta
- Prepare 100 grams of Ricotta cheese (or cream cheese if you can't get ricotta).
- You need 30 of to 50 grams Walnuts – other nuts are OK too.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 3 of Dried tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Tomato paste (optional).
- Prepare 20 of to 30 ml White wine.
- You need 30 of to 40 ml Milk or cream.
- Prepare 1/3 of to 1/2 teaspoon Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 2 of servings Pasta of your choice.
- It’s 2 of to 3 tablespoons Pasta boiling water.
- You need 1 dash of Italian mixed herbs or basil.
It's just your basic spaghetti recipe, but with the addition of creamy ricotta. And best of all, baked pasta is an endlessly adaptable dish, providing a perfect blank canvas to mix and match vegetables, sauces and varieties of cheese. This recipe is essentially a deconstructed spinach and ricotta cannelloni, one of my favourite baked pasta dishes. You can use your favourite basic red.
Ricotta Cheese, Walnut, and Tomato Sauce Pasta step by step
- Soak the dried tomatoes in boiling water until covered. Pulverize the walnuts in a food processor until it's almost a powder..
- Heat olive oil in a pan and saute the finely chopped onions. Add the soaked dried tomatoes along with the soaking water, the powdered walnuts, white wine, and tomato paste. Simmer..
- Boil the pasta. Add the ricotta cheese to the pan, along with the milk or cream and some of the pasta boiling water. Add the cooked pasta and mix well, Season with salt and pepper, scatter in the herbs, and it's done..
Combine ricotta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, walnuts, Parmesan cheese and olive oil and blend in food processor until smooth. Add some tomato paste to adjust the color. Serve with pasta, bread, fresh or roasted vegetables or as a dip. This creamy tomato pasta is a delicious five-ingredient recipe that adds cream cheese to the sauce, making it a fun twist on classic spaghetti. Creamy tomato pasta is an easy main dish recipe that combines cream cheese with classic tomato sauce and spaghetti.