Prawn Masala with Coconut Milk. Prawn Curry – Shrimp Masala Recipe – Coconut milk. Another curry from the how to cook great food stable of video recipes. We are crazy about curries, masala.
Different ingredients like coconut, coconut milk, kokum, tamarind, red chilies, whole spices, poppy seeds etc are used based on the region. This prawn curry is made with the most basic ingredients that most of us have in the pantry. It never fails to surprise me & my guests at how superb it tastes every. You can have Prawn Masala with Coconut Milk using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn Masala with Coconut Milk
- Prepare of For marination.
- Prepare 300 gm of prawn.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s of For gravy.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mustard oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3-4 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies slit.
- Prepare 1 of tomato chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need To taste of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chopped coriander leaves.
Prawns cooked in a spicy coconut gravy with curry leaves, cumin and chillies. Goan Prawn Curry with Coconut is a spicy, sour curry that comes from Goa and is also called Ambot Tik. Just serve this with steamed rice and you have Grind all the ingredients mentioned under ground masala with coconut milk to a smooth paste and set aside. In a pan, heat coconut oil and add.
Prawn Masala with Coconut Milk instructions
- To begin with peel and clean the prawns. Wash them properly in running water..
- Marinate the prawns with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp chilli powder and salt and keep aside for at least 10-15 minutes..
- Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan and gently shallow fry the prawns for 3-4 minutes. Keep aside..
- Heat remaining oil in another pan. Add sugar and the moment it melts down to maroon colour, add whole dry spices (cardamom, cinnamon, cloves), bay leaf and cumin seeds..
- When they begin to splutter, add chopped onion and green chilli. Fry onion till brown. Add red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Saute for few seconds. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 3-4 minutes till the raw smell disappears..
- Then add cumin powder, coriander powder and mix well. Add little water and fry masala until oil separates. Add chopped tomato and salt. Cook till tomato is soft and mushy..
- Now add the fried prawns and mix well. Add coconut milk and cook for 5-7 minutes on a low medium heat till it reaches a desired gravy. Add garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves. Cover and turn off the flame..
- Serve prawn masala hot with rice or roti..
Pour coconut milk into thick tomato paste. Add the cleaned prawns into coconut milk mixture. Want a quick prawn coconut curry idea? Pour the thin coconut milk first. Allow to cook until it starts bubbling.