Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker.
You can cook Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker
- It’s of Stew Ingredients:.
- You need 1 lb. of russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced.
- It’s 3 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- It’s 3/4 tsp. of salt-free all purpose seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each poultry seasoning, nutmeg, garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy cream, at room temperature.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen corn.
- It’s of Dumpling Ingredients:.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, beaten.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
Chicken and Dumplings – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease the slow cooker (6 quart size) well. Place the potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and garlic into the slow cooker. Lay the chicken on top of the veggies and then sprinkle on the seasonings. Pour the broth over the top, set the heat to low, then place the lid on for 6-8 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and everything is tender..
- For the dumplings: In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients for the dumplings…the 1 cup all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and parsley. Then stir in the egg and buttermilk until just combined…do not overmix or the dumplings will be tough. Set this batter aside..
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board, shred it and stir it back into the slow cooker along with the corn. Taste and add whatever additional seasoning you think it needs. Then, make sure the heat is switched to high temperature for the next steps. Whisk together the 1/4 cup all purpose flour and cream until smooth, then whisk it into the slow cooker..
- Drop the dumpling batter by small spoonfuls over the top of the slow cooker contents until it's all used up. Keep in mind that the dumplings will expand as they cook, so leave a bit of space between them. Place the lid back on and cook on high heat for an additional 35 minutes – 1 hour..
- Once it's ready, the soup should have thickened and a toothpick inserted into the dumplings should come out clean. Once it's ready, serve immediately. Store any leftovers in the fridge..
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Good Way To Go Green For Better Health One terrific feature of green living is opting to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. This is doable regardless of how filled and frantic your life is. We have to get back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Most individuals think nothing of not taking care of their bodies nowadays and fixing them with a pill later. You can’t turn around without hearing about the latest pill to deal with your health problems. There are a few pills that help, but only if you make a number of necessary alterations in your life. When your body ceases to function right, you won’t be able to get a healthy body. You need to learn how to take care of it as early as possible. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to run at top levels. Do you eat because something is available and you enjoy the taste or do you choose nutritious foods? Do you usually eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food joints? As people opt to consume foods full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many others, possibly induced by the foods that are eaten. Many people are recognizing the importance of their food choices and are becoming more conscious about their health. Lots of healthy food can now be found at your local health food store or farmer’s market. Most likely, your local grocery store today has an organic food section. There you will be able to get what science has termed superfoods. Superfoods is the name given to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious health conditions. You will find that you think more clearly when you start to consume these foods. You will start to feel a lot better when you decide to eat the superfoods instead of junk food. Your body will start to work as it was meant to when you provide it with the correct nutrition. As a result, your immune system will easily ward off diseases. Your daily diet have to include at least some of these super foods. To start, beans are very good, and berries, in particular blueberries. Then, add several green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole grains are a few other essentials. Also, you may wish to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you eat these superfoods on a regular basis, you should get rid of any weight problems. You will enjoy optimal health as you decide to eat the green living way. You will see that your immune system becomes stronger and your body will be able to fight against disease. Ensure your future health by developing healthy eating habits today.