Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers. One Of Our Favorite Mexican Dishes – Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas Recipe!! Corn Tortillas Stuffed With Chicken, Cheese, Green Chile Enchilada Sauce, Sour Cream, And Green Chiles, Topped With More Sauce And Cheese! Chicken- and cheese-stuffed corn tortillas baked under a creamy sauce infused with hot green chiles.
How To Make Authentic Mexican Enchiladas! Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas are a quick and easy dinner to make any weeknight! For full details see the recipe card down below. You can have Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- It’s 1 tbs of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/8-1/4 tsp of cayenne.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro – tied with kitchen twine.
- You need of Enough water to cover chicken in pot.
- You need 2 (14 oz) of cans green enchilada sauce.
- It’s 12 of small soft white corn tortillas.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded cheddar jack cheese.
- It’s 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 tbs of flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of sour cream.
Then you stir in some sour cream, a can of green chiles, and some seasonings. Pour that whole thing on top of these enchiladas and that's it. Sour Cream Enchiladas are really easy to make too! The Best Sour Cream Shredded Chicken Enchiladas recipe!
Green Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Layers instructions
- Place chicken in a 2 quart sauce pan. Sprinkle with next 5 ingredients. Top with cilantro bundle. Add enough water to cover chicken by 1 inch. Cover. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 15-20 minutes..
- Drain chicken. Use 2 forks to carefully shred. Place shredded chicken in a bowl. Pour 3/4 of the first can of sauce over chicken. Stir to combine. Pour remaining 1/4 can of sauce in bottom of a 6×8 casserole (usually a 2 quart). Swirl to coat. Set both aside..
- Rinse sauce pan used to cook chicken. Place on stove over medium heat. Add butter. When melted wisk in flour for 1 minute. Wisk in second can of sauce until thickened..
- When sauce has thickened remove from heat. Let sit off heat for about 2 minutes to cool slightly. Wisk in sour cream..
- Assemble: arrange 4 tortillas on top of sauce in dish (they will be overlapping), arrange half the chicken evenly over tortillas, sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over chicken, drizzle 1/3 of the sour cream sauce over cheese. Top with four more tortillas, second half of chicken another 1/2 cup of cheese and another 1/3 of the sauce. Finish with last 4 tortillas, then remaining sauce. Finally sprinkle evenly with last cup of cheese..
- Bake in a preheated 400° oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving. Cut into 6-8 pieces. Serve with Mexican inspired sides if desired. Enjoy!.
You are going to wonder why The green chile gives it the best flavor. Sometimes I also add black beans to the enchilada recipe. Before you know it you have a delicious dinner on the. These Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas are a crazy delicious cross between your favorite Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas AKA White Chicken Enchiladas and Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas. I honestly didn't know what to call them because no name seemed to do them justice.
Consume These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health Learning to slow down and enjoy your life is one aspect of adopting a green lifestyle that many people appreciate. This is possible regardless of how filled and hectic your life is. We have to go back to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Regrettably, most people don’t concern themselves about their health as they believe they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. It isn’t possible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the current pill to deal with your health problems. Yes, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old bad habits. Unlike the car buying process, you cannot exchange your worn out body for a new one. You mustn’t wait too long or it will be too late to take goood care of your health. Proper nutrition is crucial for your body to function at optimum levels. When you put food into your mouth, are you concerned about the nutritional value or only eat whatever tastes good at the time? Do you usually eat junk food and a lot of fried foods from fast food restaurants? With all of the sugar-laden starchy and oily food that almost all people eat, it’s not surprising that new diseases are discovered on a regular basis. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and several others, probably caused by the foods that are ingested. People are choosing to eat better now that they realize how crucial food choices are to their health. Nowadays it is much easier to find quality foods by purchasing from a local farmer’s market or health food store. Majority of grocery stores nowadays sell organic foods. This section has what are now recognized as superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been shown to delay some diseases, or even reverse them. You will find that you think more clearly when you begin to eat these superfoods. Once you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be astonished at how good you will soon feel. Your body will start to run as it is supposed to when you supply it with the proper nutrition. When this happens, the immune system can fight off any health condition. Your daily diet have to include at least a few of these super foods. Why not eat some beans or blueberries? Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Add in whole grains and nuts. Moreover, you may want to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat these superfoods, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. You will enjoy optimal health as you decide to eat the green living way. Your body will become disease free as your immune system gets healthier. Prepare for a healthy future by changing your eating habits right now.