Broccoli & Asparagus Soup. Broccoli is a green vegetable (Brassica oleracea var. italica) in the flowering plant family Brassicaceae (formerly Cruciferae), characterized by fleshy green flower heads arranged in a tree-like fashion on branches sprouting from a thick, edible stalk. Broccoli, form of cabbage, of the mustard family, grown for its edible flower buds and stalk. Native to the eastern Mediterranean and Asia Minor, broccoli was cultivated in ancient Rome.
It's closely related to cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kale and cauliflower. Discover what makes broccoli so healthy, from fibre to vitamins and minerals. Steam or stir-fry it, roast or boil it, bake it in casseroles, or just eat it raw — broccoli rewards you, no matter the method. You can cook Broccoli & Asparagus Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli & Asparagus Soup
- Prepare of rd a head of broccoli florets,.
- It’s of The large stalk from a head of broccoli,.
- It’s of boiled water (filtered if possible),.
- You need of spears of asparagus, very ends trimmed off,.
- You need of milk or dairy free alternative, (I used almond milk),.
- Prepare of Vegetable stock cube,.
- Prepare of olive oil,.
- You need of an onion chopped finely,.
- It’s of Salt and white pepper to season.
- It’s of To serve:.
- It’s of crispy fried bacon (optional).
- Prepare of crème fraiche or fat free quark,.
- It’s of drizzle of extra virgin olive oil,.
- Prepare of Fresh parsley leaves,.
- Prepare of Salt and ground black pepper to season.
- You need of Equipment Needed:.
- You need of hand blender / blender.
Broccoli is a sun-loving, cool-season crop that is best grown in the spring or fall. Broccoli is worth growing for its nutritional content alone. This cole crop is rich in vitamins and minerals, and is a good. You can plant a spring and early summer crop in late winter or.
Broccoli & Asparagus Soup instructions
- Add the vegetable stock to the boiling water and stir through to dissolve. Add to a saucepan over a high heat and then place in all of the broccoli stalks. Bring to a boil and cook for around 7 minutes. Next add in the florets and continue to boil..
- In a frying pan, add in the olive oil and once hot sear the asparagus and the chopped onion until it gets a bit of colour and the asparagus is slightly charred. Remove from the heat. Remove the asparagus, chop it up into smaller pieces and add it in with the broccoli. Set aside the onions for the time being..
- Boil the broccoli until the stalks are nice and soft and the water has reduced down by about half. Season well with salt and a pinch of white pepper to taste..
- Add the cooked onions in with the broccoli and asparagus. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes..
- Using a hand blender or regular blender, blend until nice and smooth and no large lumps remain. Add in half the milk and blend again until a smoother texture is achieved. Add the remaining milk, blend one final time until velvety smooth..
- For the garnish I like to fry up some bacon until crispy, then sprinkle on top with some crème fraiche or fat free quark, and a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil then a few sprigs of fresh parsley leaves. Then a final grind of black pepper and salt to taste. Enjoy!.
Broccoli and Beyond Botanical name: Brassica oleracea var. italica. Do you still make the same face you did as a child when presented with a plate of broccoli? Find here details of companies selling Broccoli, for your purchase requirements. Get latest info on Broccoli, suppliers, manufacturers, wholesalers, traders, wholesale suppliers with Broccoli prices for. Order now and get them delivered at your doorstep.