Chicken livers with pomegranate molasses. It is authentically known as Sawda Djej and is a dish of chicken livers, garlic and pomegranate molasses. Being a creature of habit, I often revisit restaurants I love time and time again, and I daren't tell you how many times I have been to Yalla Yalla. I even swung by a few weeks ago to pick up a.
Some versions have added sugar, which masks the flavor of the pomegranate. I came across this recipe for chicken liver with pomegranate molasses on the Egyptian food blog Buttered Up. It has the most amazing sweet, very sour, fragrant flavour and as it's so sticky, just the right amount clings to the ingredients you are cooking with. You can have Chicken livers with pomegranate molasses using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken livers with pomegranate molasses
- Prepare 400 gm of chicken livers.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves diagonally sliced.
- You need 180 gm of onion,finely sliced.
- It’s 5 of green chillies ,diagonally sliced.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar powder.
- You need 4 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon juice.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare as needed of cilantro and pomegranate seeds for garnishing.
Chicken livers have a rich earthy flavour; there is nothing better than paring them with pomegranate molasses. Sprinkle cumin, chili powder, black pepper, and salt over the liver. Serve chicken livers hot garnished with chopped parsley. Add the chicken livers and allspice and season generously.
Chicken livers with pomegranate molasses step by step
- Wash the chicken livers.Using a knife remove and discard the white snew..
- Cut the larger liver pieces into half..
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet..
- Add the chicken livers and saute on high heat for 2-3 minutes until it changes colour. Remove and keep aside..
- In the same skillet add onions and saute until slightly soft..
- Add sliced garlic and green chillies; continue to saute until the onions are completely soft..
- Add coriander powder, cinnamon powder,nutmeg powder salt and blck pepper powder. Saute for a minute on low heat..
- Add the chicken livers along with pomegranate molasses and sugar. Cover the skillet and continue cooking on low heat for 5 minutes..
- Turn heat off. Add lemon juice and stir through. Check seasoning and adjust accordingly. If sour add a little sugar to balance the sourness..
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and pomegranate seeds..
- Serve immediately with Arabic flatbread(pita bread)..
Cook gently until the livers are just pink in the centre. Pomegranate molasses: a thick syrup produced by cooking down pomegranate juice. It is a slightly astringent, sweet-sour condiment used widely throughout the. The Best Pomegranate Molasses Chicken Recipes on Yummly Moroccan Spiced Pork Kebabs With Pomegranate Glaze & Herby Yogurt, Spiral Ham Steaks, Shelling Beans And Charred Herb Vinaigrette, Pulled Pork A La Maggie. ¼ cup pomegranate seeds.