Loaded Broccoli Cheese & Potato Soup.
You can have Loaded Broccoli Cheese & Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Loaded Broccoli Cheese & Potato Soup
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth (I use LB Jamison Chicken Soup base.).
- You need 3 of large carrots peeled and diced.
- You need 4 of medium potatoes (I use red potatoes).
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1-2 packages of frozen broccoli florets.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 6 slices of bacon cooked and chopped.
Loaded Broccoli Cheese & Potato Soup instructions
- In a large pot combine chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, garlic and onion. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes..
- While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (until golden brown). Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until it is all melted. Add salt. Pour cheese sauce into the soup and stir until well combined..
- Add more milk for a thinner consistency and add any additional salt and pepper if needed..
- Top with bacon and green onion..
Eat These 14 Superfoods to Go Green for Better Health One of the greatest points of going green is to slow down and revel in life. This is possible no matter how filled and frenzied your life is. We have to take a step back and fight diseases before they happen. Unfortunately, just about people don’t concern themselves about their health because they think they can take a pill to fix the problem later on. You can’t turn around without hearing about the latest pill to deal with your health problems. There are certain pills that help, but only if you make some essential alterations in your life. Unlike the car buying process, you cannot exchange your worn out body for a new one. You have to learn how to take care of your body before it is too late. Proper nutrition is important for your body to function at best levels. When you eat, do you pay attention to the nutritional value or merely eat anything tastes good at the time? How many times a week do you eat at your local fast food joint or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? Eating sugar and starches, as well as fatty foods, is there any wonder why new diseases are cropping up all of the time? The things we are ingesting are causing obesity, diabetes, and hypertension of epidemic proportions. Individuals are becoming more and more health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of not being healthy. Now it is a lot easier to find quality foods by going to a local farmer’s market or health food store. Most probably, your local grocery store today has an organic food aisle. In this aisle, you’ll see the superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to retard some diseases, or even reverse them. You will observe that you think more clearly when you begin to ingest these superfoods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be amazed at how well you will soon feel. Giving your body the nutrition it needs will enable it to work well. When this happens, the immune system will be able to fight off any health condition. You need to have some superfoods in your diet each day. Why not eat a few beans or blueberries? Things that are green, such as broccoli, spinach, and green tea. Walnuts and whole cereals are some other superfoods to add. Additionally, you need to have yogurt, soya bean, pumpkins, oranges, and tomatoes, along with salmon and turkey. If you eat the foods in this list, you will never have a weight problem again. You will enjoy good health as you choose to eat the green living way. Your immune system will be rebuilt, and your body can potentially ward off diseases. You can look forward to a healthy future by modifying your food choices right now.