Bratwurst and Coleslaw. An epic-sized picnic portion of all the good stuff on top of a beer-soaked brat. To assemble, place bratwurst on roll. Top with potatoes, cheese sauce, onions, bacon and coleslaw.
Bratwursts are smoky, savory, garlicky, and essentially everything you want in a sausage. Pulled pork is sweet and tender, while coleslaw is slightly tart and crispy. Check out these tips to making the perfect Dijon coleslaw paired with grilled beer brats. You can cook Bratwurst and Coleslaw using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bratwurst and Coleslaw
- It’s 1 package of Bratwursts.
- You need 1 package of coleslaw mix or:.
- Prepare 1 head of lettuce or cabbage, or:.
- Prepare 1/2 of large zucchini and.
- You need 2 of large carrots.
- It’s of vinegar based coleslaw dressing.
Bratwurst (German: [ˈbʁaːtvʊɐ̯st] (listen)) is a type of German sausage made from veal, beef, or most commonly pork. The name is derived from the Old High German Brätwurst, from brät. Coleslaw Sandwich, Coleslaw Sandwich, Bratwurst Coleslaw Sandwich. This coleslaw sandwich is one of my all time favorite snack.
Bratwurst and Coleslaw step by step
- Prepare coleslaw mix as directed on package. If making fresh coleslaw, shred your lettuce or cabbage and add it to a bowl. Mix in coleslaw dressing as you go. If using zucchini and carrots, put them through a cheese grader until they turn into long thing pieces. Mix coleslaw dressing into the cut pieces thoroughly..
- Cook bratwurst in the bbq until they are well done. If cooking indoors, preheat the oven to 415 degrees. Cook the brats covered for 20 minutes, cutting into one afterwards to check for doneness. Throw in the microwave for a minute if not quite done..
- Serve the brats over the coleslaw, or add to a hot dog bun and top with the slaw. Enjoy!.
It's quick and easy to put together and tastes really good! Bratwurst is a type of German sausage widely found throughout the United States. Distinctive because of its pale, white color, bratwurst has a milder, slightly sweeter taste than other sausages. Everyone knows that boiling bratwurst in beer is a great way to prepare them, but what if you don't have or can't use beer? Try this substitute recipe that uses ginger ale to make delicious bratwurst.