Turkish Eggplant Salad (Baba Ganoush).
You can have Turkish Eggplant Salad (Baba Ganoush) using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkish Eggplant Salad (Baba Ganoush)
- It’s 500 grams of Eggplant.
- You need 1 of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Tahini (or white sesame paste).
- You need 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of Grated garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 of lots Parsley.
Turkish Eggplant Salad (Baba Ganoush) step by step
- Cut the tops off the eggplants and cut in lengthwise halves. Coat the frying pan thinly with vegetable oil, and place the eggplants with the cut surface facing down..
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat. Add some water (about 2 teaspoons) and cover the pan. Lower the heat and steam for 20 minutes. Turn the heat off, and cook with residual heat for 10 minutes..
- Remove the eggplants from the pan. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon..
- Mince the eggplant flesh roughly, and immediately add the lemon juice..
- Season with tahini, olive oil, garlic, and salt. Add a lot of finely chopped parsley..
- Dish it up and serve..
- Enjoy it with some tortillas..
- When I had this dish at a restaurant, it was served with a scoop of yogurt..
- Lebanese eggplant salad tastes lighter, as it doesn't use any tahini..
- The Lebanese recipe uses yogurt instead of lemon juice and tahini. Chop it up roughly, or use a blender to make it a purée..
- I made mine without any garlic so that it tastes refreshing – perfect to eat during the summer..
- Make a dent and fill it with olive oil… It feels just like you're at a Lebanese restaurant..