Sambal Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Sambal Tumis). Literally, there is nothing about nasi goreng that requires it to be spicy. That said, let's proceed to this sambal fried rice recipe. To make the spice base, we combined sambal oelek (available in Asian groceries), crushed galangal (also available in Asian groceries). – Sambal Fried Rice Recipe Delicious, spicy and smells divine!
I love the unique dark brown, caramelised colour of the rice! It's a simple recipe, you won't need to hunt down any unusual ingredients, and it's one of my favourite Indonesian foods. Nasi goreng is essentially Indonesia's take on fried rice. You can cook Sambal Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Sambal Tumis) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sambal Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Sambal Tumis)
- Prepare of Cooked Rice.
- It’s of Mackerel.
- It’s of Sambal Paste (processed in a blender);.
- You need of Shallots.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- It’s of Fresh Red Chillies.
- You need of Fermented Shrimp Paste (Belacan).
- Prepare of For Stir Frying;.
- It’s of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare of Eggs (whisked).
- You need of Frozen Veggies (optional).
- Prepare of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of Salt.
In addition to kecap manis, the country's ubiquitous sweet soy sauce, terasi (Indonesian shrimp paste) is what sets nasi goreng apart from other fried-rice variations you'll see in other countries. Nasi Goreng is a fragrantly spiced Indonesian fried rice recipe that is much easier to make at home than you think! Nasi Goreng's got the same concept as any other fried rice. Repurposing last night's leftovers and making them into breakfast.
Sambal Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng Sambal Tumis) step by step
- MARINADE; Once you've processed the Sambal ingredients into a paste, take 2-3 Tbsp of it and marinate the fish..
- EGGS; Heat 1 Tbsp of cooking oil in the wok until hot then add the eggs and cook it scrambled. Once it has cooled, remove and set aside..
- FRY THE FISH; add 2 Tbsp of cooking oil to the hot wok and fry the fish, 2 minutes for each side. Remove it and set aside. NOTE, usually the fish is then broken into bite size pieces..
- COOK THE PASTE; heat 3 Tbsp of cooking oil until hot, then add the Sambal paste, lime juice, sugar and veggies. Cook until all the liquid has evaporated, the colour of the Sambal turns darker and the oil separates from the paste..
- FRY THE RICE; once the oil separates, add the rice and mix well. Then add the fish, the eggs, and mix them well. Season with salt, taste test and then serve..
That's why many fried rice recipes have eggs in them. Nasi goreng (English pronunciation: /ˌnɑːsi ɡɒˈrɛŋ/), literally meaning "fried rice" in both the Indonesian and Malay languages, is an Indonesian rice dish with pieces of meat and vegetables added. Nasi Goreng, in a nutshell, is Indonesian Fried Rice. It's simple food, typically made with leftover ingredients, and varies quite a bit depending on where you are. Serve with limes and Sambal Olek.