Marinated chicken souvlaki in the oven. This easy Chicken Souvlaki recipe is made with the most delicious garlic lemon herb marinade, and it can be made in the oven or on the grill – you choose! Marinated chicken breasts and onions are threaded onto skewers and grilled until juicy and tender. Serve souvlaki over rice or wrap it in a pita with lettuce and tomatoes for a perfect While I love to grill this (I use my grill pan indoors in the colder months), you can make chicken souvlaki in the oven!
This recipe is a sure winner! Marinate the chicken for these Greek-style spiced kebabs as long as possible to soak up all the flavour and make it really tender. Continue until all the breads are cooked, wrapping them in foil as you go. You can have Marinated chicken souvlaki in the oven using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Marinated chicken souvlaki in the oven
- Prepare of chicken breast cut into cubes.
- Prepare of red pepper.
- Prepare of medium-sized dry onion cut into slices.
- You need of small white mushrooms.
- You need of full tbsp low fat yogurt.
- It’s of level tsp paprika.
- It’s of level tsp curry powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
Keep the bread warm in the bottom of the oven while you cook the chicken. For this traditional chicken souvlaki recipe, the chicken is first marinated to soak up all the Marinading your chicken souvlaki in the fridge for at least half an hour will allow the aromas to infuse the While your chicken souvlaki is cooking, prepare the pita breads. Chicken Souvlaki – Made with chicken marinated in lemon, garlic and oregano, it's so easy to make this Greek favourite at home! The Greeks are mad about Chicken Souvlaki.
Marinated chicken souvlaki in the oven step by step
- Place the yogurt, the paprika and the curry powder in a bowl. Mix well and add the chicken breast cubes..
- Cover the chicken well with the yogurt mixture and place in the fridge for 15 minutes..
- Cut the onion and the red pepper into small slices so you can pass them on the wooden skewer with the chicken..
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and start making the souvlaki. Pass alternately one chicken cube, onion, pepper and place a white mushroom in the middle..
- Continue until you fill the skewer..
- Place the souvlaki in a pyrex baking tray and cover with aluminum foil..
- Bake at 180°C for about 25 minutes..
And after you've tried it, you will be too! Simple to make, loaded with classic Greek flavours: chicken marinated. Alternatively, use boneless chicken or turkey or a lamb loin roast. Souvlaki also requires olive oil, lemon juice, Greek salad dressing and a blend of oregano, thyme Marinate the meat to prepare it for the oven. Chop it into bite-size portions and coat the pieces evenly with olive oil, lemon and spices.